User Guide – How to be GDPR compliant with Customer Alliance
Data Privacy with Customer Alliance
- Deletion rules for personal data
- Collect Newsletter Double-Opt-Ins
- Am I allowed to send emails and text messages to guests?
- Am I allowed to send out a pre-stay email to my guests
- Am I allowed to send out emails with the intention to do upselling?
- Am I allowed to ask for a review?
- User Rights Management
- Customer can anonymize his review
- TÜV certified data protection officer
We fully comply with GDPR and other data privacy laws. There will be no issues with data privacy when working with us. We are based in Europe and have some of the strictest data privacy laws worldwide. We embrace it. We think it is important. This section provides an overview about how our solution handles data privacy laws.
Deletion rules for personal data
It is possible to automatically delete customer data after a set timeframe within your account here. This will result in personal data such as name and email to be automatically removed after the specified timeframe, but the contents of the reviews remaining.
- Automatically delete all personal data after a certain amount of time
- Setup your own deletion rules to delete personal data after X days / weeks / months or years.
Collect Newsletter Double-Opt-Ins
- Use your questionnaires to collect GDPR compliant newsletter double-opt ins
- Double-opt in requires the guest to confirm his newsletter subscription. Highest data privacy level possible.
Am I allowed to send emails and text messages to guests?
- You are allowed to send out emails and messages to guests from the day of booking until the time of their departure
- You are not allowed to include any information in there that is about businesses that are not part of your hotel. This would be considered an advertisement.
Am I allowed to send out a pre-stay email to my guests?
- Yes, pre-stay emails are allowed to be sent out
- It is information regarding the hotel stay, it is not considered as advertisement.
Am I allowed to send out emails with the intention to do upselling?
- Yes, upselling is allowed as long as it is about advertisement about hotel facilities (e.g. own restaurant, own spa, green option, bottle of champagne in the room, etc.)
- It is not legal to include offers from third-parties (e.g. book a bike in the shop across the street). This would be considered as advertisement.
Am I allowed to ask for a review?
- The law is not black and white. There are different opinions on whether or not it is ok to ask for a review post transaction / stay. Or if this is considered advertisement
- However, it is 100% legal to send out any information regarding the hotel stay from the time of booking until the time of departure. Therefore, we recommend sending out the post-stay review invitation on the day of departure in the morning.
User Rights Management
- You can setup detailed user rights for your co-workers
- This ensures that a user has only access to the parts of the system that he should have access to. He can also only see the personal data that he needs to see. If there is no need for him to see personal data, he will not see it.
Customer can anonymize his review
- If desired, you can give your guest / customer the option to anonymize his review. If the guest chooses to do so, all his data will be automatically deleted from Customer Alliance. An anonymized review without a link to any personal data remains in the system
Customer Alliance (Feedback requests & Widget)
(1) We use the services of CA Customer Alliance GmbH, Ullsteinstr.130, 12109 Berlin (“Customer Alliance”) to query your consumer satisfaction, if you have used our services. To do so, we provide Customer Alliance with your contact information and contractual information (e.g. length of stay) with the task to query your satisfaction with our services (e.g. a review). Afterwards the result is provided to us by Customer Alliance and can be made publicly available.
(2) We use the so-called Widget of Customer Alliance within our websites to display the website visitors our customer reviews in a summarized presentation. Customer Alliance uses your IP-address to display the Widget in your browser and gives you the opportunity to see summarized reviews of other customers.
(3) The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO and our legitimate interest in improving our services through your feedback and to display customer reviews for marketing proposes.
(4) Further details on the processing of your data can be found in the data protection regulations of Customer Alliance.