How to Uncover the Real Email Address of Expedia Guests
Expedia, the online travel agency offering hotels, flights, package tours, rental cars or event tickets, is one of the top dogs in the digital travel industry. Portals such as trivago and hotels.com also belong to the company. Expedia thus plays an important role for travelers and hotels alike. For hotels, however, online travel agencies (OTA) are both a curse and a blessing. High commission payments, which often account for up to two thirds of the margin, are a burden for many hoteliers. Nevertheless, Expedia is and remains an important sales and marketing channel for attracting guests.
Unfortunately, hotel owners only have a limited possibility to communicate via email with guests who have booked via Expedia. To protect their privacy and from potential spam, viruses and other misconduct, Expedia generates a temporary email address ending in “@m.expediapartnercentral.com”, which is only valid for a short time after the check-out. It is very frustrating for hoteliers, as the guest can only be contacted for a limited time. As soon as the email address generated by Expedia expires, the communication with the guest will also stop. But this is, in fact, the key to a positive and lasting experience!ce!
Why is the real email address of guests so important?
Maintaining the relationship with guests and turning requests into direct bookings – thanks to the real email addresses! Staying in touch with your guests is important to personalize the experience before and after their stay, and to ultimately increase the satisfaction and loyalty. Uncovering the actual email address will therefore help you to:
- communicate with guests before their arrival to share important information about the hotel (e.g. opening hours, renovations) or the surrounding area (e.g. events or parties)
- offer additional services before check-in, such as a room upgrade or spa treatment, and thereby generate additional revenue.
- request relevant data from your guests in preparation for their stay. Be it to personalize the stay or to fill out the digital registration form in advance to shorten the check-in process.
- stay in contact with the guest even after the check-out. For example, share information on loyalty programs or offer discounts if the guest books with you again directly.
How to uncover the real email address of Expedia guests
To help hoteliers maintain the relationship with guests after they have left, Customer Alliance allows you to uncover the real email address of Expedia guests. Simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your dashboard and click on “Settings” in the left menu and then on “Questionnaire“.
- Select the Post Stay questionnaire and click on the small gear wheel “Settings” next to the question “Your email address” in order to edit it.
- Now, you have the option to activate the field “Show if email ends with @guest.booking.com or @m.expediapartnercentral.com”. Once activated, this question will only be shown to guests who have booked via Expedia. All other guests with real email addresses will not be asked this question, because their actual address is already stored.
After uncovering the actual email addresses, you can start strengthening the relationship with your guests, drive your sales and turn them into direct bookers. Are you still unsure how to make the best use of the e-mail addresses you have obtained? Then book a personal, free appointment with one of our experts right away!