Guest Communication During Coronavirus Crisis: How to Switch Off Your Post-Stay-Message
During such an uncertain and challenging time like the ongoing coronavirus crisis, hoteliers need to stay in control of their guest communication. The current coronavirus pandemic might have forced you to close your doors to the public and you would like to put your communication on “standby”. Therefore, we enabled a new function which allows you to deactivate the distribution of your post-stay message with our Guest Journey Editor. By turning off your po-stay message, your guests won’t automatically receive an invitation to share their feedback after their stay. This gives you even more control of your communication and the flexibility you need during a crisis situation.
Why should I deactivate my post-stay message?
There are different reasons to deactivate the distribution of your post-stay message. Let’s take a closer look at them.
- During a crisis situation like the current Coronavirus pandemic, when you have to close your hotel or parts of your facilities to the public, you would like to put your communication on standby.
- If you are using our Front Desk Booster for example, then you are allowed to send three messages to your guest along their journey (pre, during and post stay). But you might not want to collect feedback from your guests after their stay, but rather reach out to them twice prior to their arrival and once during their stay. For example, you can share relevant information about your hotel, followed by a message offering a pre-check-in service. A third message will be shared with your guests during their stay to collect feedback while they are on site.
- You want to use your own CRM system to send out a post-stay message.
How do I deactivate the post-stay message?
- Log in to your dashboard.
- Click on Settings and choose Messages from the drop down menu. Next to each message there is a switch button which allows you to turn off and turn on any message. When turned off, the message won’t be sent to your guests.
Do you have questions or would you like to learn more about this function and how to optimize your digital guest communication during a crisis situation? Then please do not hesitate to contact us or book your personal, free live demo. One of our experts will explain everything you need to know and answer your questions.